Introduction To Creation Spirituality, February 26 – March 2, 2018, Fox Institute
Chanting the Wisdom Traditions, March 5 – March 9, 2018, Fox Institute
Healing with St. Hildegard, April 7th & May 5th, 3:30-5 pm, Viriditas Home Studio
The Mystic Hildegard, May 14 – May 18, 2018, Fox Institute
Engaging Hildegard’s Music, Art and Herbs, May 14 – May 18, 2018, Fox Institute
Dear Viriditas Community,
This week I want to begin with a quote from one of my favorite Celtic poets and philosophers, John O’Donohue. He speaks about the Divine as an artist who uses imagination for expression in Creation:
“Everything that is – every tree, bird, star, stone and wave – existed first as a dream in the mind of the divine artist. Indeed, the world is the mirror of the divine imagination and to decipher the depths of the world is to gain deep insights into the heart of God. The traces of the divine imagination are everywhere. The beauty of God becomes evident in the beauty of the world.”
To find more inspiration from this quote check out my latest blog post:Celebrating Diversity, a Gift of the Divine.
How to Bring Life to Your Chakras: 7 Healing Mantras
If you would like deeper access to the heart of God, I encourage you to explore my upcoming guidebook How to Bring Life to Your Chakras: 7 Healing Mantras. I’m in the final stretch of completing the guidebook. What a joy it’s been to put this together as a useful resource to guide others in the powerful work of chanting mantras for healing.
As you continue to practice the healing mantras at home, consider how you approach creating a sacred space for this work.
This work is for your health, your growth, your joy.
If you don’t have one already, take time to make a special corner or table that warms your heart. This sacred space is for you. It will serve as your altar.
It doesn’t necessarily need to be considered as a religious space, but a healing space to nurture you and your body-spirit connection. Be sure it’s a space where you can come to calm and center. Where you can step away from the rest of the world into quiet solitude without being distracted by something nearby.
Take a closer look at the space you may use and see what is around it – the items, the color, the lighting. How will these support you or maybe distract you?
Take time to consider what stand or table you will use, what cloth may cover it and what items you will place on it. Items from the natural world such as a plant, stones, or a feather may be important pieces for grounding and connection.
What lighting would you like? A lamp nearby that emits warm light or just the light of a candle? Maybe the natural light that shines in a window nearby?
What else do you want to include? Possibly the following:
- A candle with matches
- A diffuser for essential oils
- A meaningful poem or verse
- A small statue of a god or goddess that is important to you
- A photo of inspiration
On my altar, I like to include the following items:
- Mary Candle – at the top. Ever reminding me of Mary’s compassion and sweet, caring love.
- St. Hildegard Statue – back left. St. Hildegard is a constant source of inspiration and strength in my life.
- Print of a Painting by My Painting Teacher, John Parente – back right. I model a lot of my teaching and healing work after John. His profound spiritual life and powerful artistic gifts inspire me to never give up on my spiritual path.
- Star Candle – center. This candle reminds me that I am part of a vast, powerfully beautiful Universe.
- Green Mala Beads – around the Star Candle. I use these beads in meditation. They help me count mantras and act as a tactile guide as I chant.
- Feather– front left. St. Hildegard describes herself as a feather on the breath of God. The feather reminds me to only ask for knowledge of God’s will for me and the power to carry it out.
- Hanuman Statue – front right. This Hindu Deity is often depicted carrying Rama and Sita inside his heart. This statue reminds be that my devotion to the Divine is the most important thing.
- Green Heart Stone – front right. Green has always been my favorite color. Once I found out it is also the color of the heart chakra, my love for this color deepened. Truly…seeking to connect with the field of unconditional love…which I choose to call God…and to love unconditionally… is my daily practice.
Be creative in this process! What speaks to you? What brings warmth and a mood of reverence and reflection for you in your sacred space?
The Fox Institute of Creation Spirituality in Boulder
Coming very soon……..
February 26th-March 2nd
Introduction to Creation Spirituality – the seminar that David and I will be teaching in the mornings. In the afternoons, Leon Evans MD, will be offering the Art as Meditation class, Embodying the Tao:Tai Chi as Meditation.
March 5th– March 9th
Ana Perez-Chisti will bring the seminar Deep Ecumenism: Interspirituality and the Wisdom Traditions in the mornings, and David and I will offer the Art as Meditationcourse Chanting the Wisdom Traditions in the afternoons. Click here to watch a video describing this class!
Later in May, I will also be teaching The Mystic Hildegardand Engaging Hildegard’s Music, Art and Herbs.
I hope you can join us for one or all of these classes! To find more information and register click here.
May we all continue to dive into the heart of God,
PS Remember the Doctor of the Soul group events will be starting again in April!